Friday, April 19, 2013

:D

Hey everyone! Today was an extremely happy day for me overall. :D :D :D

This morning I was just getting settled in my homeroom after our screen was set up to display the announcements. All of a sudden, the radio that played in the background while everyone was waiting for the announcements to come on played one of the best songs EVER!!! It brought back so many amazing memories of 5th grade and of my 5th grade teacher (this song was her favorite :') )! I wasn't the only kid in my class who became addicted to this song either. :D Here is the song that played! :D

All credit goes to Journey and the creator of this video. I do not, I repeat, DO NOT, own this song or the video. Enjoy! :D

At the end of 5th grade we secretly changed some of the lyrics in this song and sang it for my 5th grade teacher at the 5th grade "graduation" party. I will never forget that day when we surprised my teacher by singing this song. Shortly after, she gave out two Outstanding Citizenship awards for her class, one for a boy and the other for a girl. Guess who the girl who got it was... :')

Back to the present... :P

I was just studying some new content for my virtual math class when two boys walked up to the media specialist to talk to her about something. I heard my name in their conversation. O_O

One of the boys: (I could barely catch this.) We need.... Abigail... for something.
Me: Wha... huh? O_O
Boy: ...testing...
Me: (thinks: WHAT TEST?!?! O_________O) -goes with the boys- O_O

Walking with the boys down the hallway reminded me of another memory of 5th grade, when I had to go with two other kids to take a test to get into Target (basically the AC program of my elementary school). During my first Target test, everyone who was testing to get into Target for the second semester of that year was in the room. Apparently we only had to take more tests if they were required in order to see if we were really suited for Target or not.

During the second test, half of the kids that were there before showed up...

The third test... there was only 3 of us...

The fourth test...

Me: (to the Target teacher) Are there any more students we need to get...? :\
Target Teacher: Nope, you're the only one. :)
Me: O__O

I did end up getting into Target, and I was SO GLAD I did! Target was an AMAZING experience for me!!! Thursdays became my favorite day of the week during the second half of 5th grade because of that. :D :D :D

Ok, BACK to today... (I'm really getting off-track. XD)

It wasn't until I arrived at the Windows Lab and saw the computer screens that the realization hit me. I was absent during the second day that we took a computer knowledge test in Science, specifically March 14...

March 14... the day I was supposed to do my debate... D:

I already completed the first part of this test on March 13, but I wasn't at school to complete the second part and the survey because I had a dreadful flu, so I had to make it up today. As you can probably tell, I still feel a little guilty for not staying home and resting before my debate sometimes. D:

It also felt kind of strange having Mrs. Raymond in the room while we took our tests instead of Mrs. Quenan...

During 6th period, Mrs. Bonstein showed us an EXTREMELY emotional PowerPoint based off of our class book, Night by Elie Wiesel, and she used music from her phone to emphasize some of the slides (she did this during the first week of school with the Dream PowerPoint as well :P). It was so emotional!!! I ended up crying along with 2 of my classmates. The first half was really sad... the other half more cheerful. Here was my favorite song of the songs she played during the presentation. It's also my favorite song by The Beatles. :D

All credit goes to the Beatles and the creator of this video. Again, I do not own the song or the video. Enjoy. :P

That's all for now, and TGIF!!! :D

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

2 comments:

WHOA!!! Hold up, slam on the brakes!!! In order to comment on my blog, you must follow some VERY important rules! Here they are.

1. No insulting me or anything on my blog in any way.
2. No racism, hatred, or bullying is allowed.
3. No swearing when commenting on my blog please.
4. Inappropriate comments of any type will NOT be tolerated!
5. Most important rule of all: NEVER I MEAN NEVER INSULT MY FRIENDS!!!!!!

Do ANY of the above and consequences WILL occur. Understood?

These rules are enforced so this blog will continue to be a fun site for everyone to explore. I hope you have fun cruising and commenting on this blog! :D

Yours truly,
Abigail (aka wolfstar62867)