Tuesday, April 16, 2013

HOLY... COW... O__O

Hey everyone. 3rd period (Band) was EXTREMELY unusual for me today. O_O We had just set up our instruments and were getting ready to play for the first time since Spring Break (yesterday my high school's band director came and talked to us about high school band) when a scent filled the band room that smelled like something was BURNING (it smelled like someone had just smoked a cigarette)!!! O_O Mrs. Pezold, our band director, looked around the band room to see if she could figure out where the smell was coming from, but she couldn't find the source of the smell anywhere. Mrs. Pezold called the front office to ask if they could send an administrator down to inspect the band room. Sure enough, both Dr. Nelson, the PE/Connections assistant principal, and Mr. Friedman, the 6th grade assistant principal, arrived in the band room just a few minutes after she called the office. At this point I was completely confused as our class was evacuated to the theater and I left my belongings behind, including my purse. (HUGE MISTAKE)

BEEEEP BEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEEP!!!

We were right; something suspicious had occurred in the band room, and the whole school was evacuated.

More than half an hour went by of us standing in the field doing nothing when all of the classes were allowed to go back in the building... except us. >:l Apparently the situation had just occurred in the band room. Because of this, we moved back to the theater.

Apparently they had just installed new filters in the ceiling above the band room yesterday, and two objects in the ceiling were rubbing up against each other that were not supposed to be, creating flare sparks. Not only that, but all the 8th graders had to stay with their 3rd period classes for 20 more minutes before they were dismissed to 5th period.

This was when I learned I might have to report to 5th period without some of my stuff.

At this point I was completely TORN. Let's see... I didn't have my Night book, my agenda, or my folder with my Drama Club scripts and Health worksheets in it. Worst of all, I didn't have my purse... My pencils were in my purse. Wait how in the world was I supposed to complete the test and quizzes I had today without a pencil to write with?! Not only that, but how was I supposed to turn my phone on and call anyone if there was an emergency? I was crying at this point... I feared that I would not be able to see any of my things again, which would mean I would have to explain to Mr. Rodriguez tomorrow why I didn't have my Spanish notebook along with many other things (like getting a new phone). Trust me, I didn't look forward to that. :(

Luckily Mrs. Pezold told us that an announcement might come on later telling us to come get our things. :l

After we were dismissed from 3rd period, I walked extremely fast to my locker with anxiety and took out the stuff I could use for 5th and 6th period. How would I explain to Mrs. Bonstein why I didn't have some of the things that would normally be essential for that period? I didn't have much time to think... I stormed across the hallway, fighting back tears...

Before I knew it, I was standing in front of Mrs. Bonstein, half-sobbing as I explained what happened.

Mrs. Bonstein: Yes, I know. I understand. -nods-

There was so much going on that I can barely remember her response. :P

I WAS SO RELIEVED that she understood what had happened! We still had to do our daily warm-up, but I already had paper in my Social Studies binder and I borrowed my classmate's pen. :P

15 minutes into class, the announcements came on with news that almost made me LEAP for joy.

Announcements: 8th grade students in 3rd period Band- (all the other Band students get up LOL)- may now report to the band room to get your things. Mrs. Pezold is waiting for you.

Me: (thinks: YAY!!!! :D)

I even saw a 6th grade friend of mine on the way to Band who I bonded with during my last year on my middle school's Science Olympiad team. :D

Other than the fact that our schedule for the rest of the day was REALLY wacky, the rest of my day turned out pretty normal. :)

I learned a VERY valuable lesson from this: NEVER leave your purse behind during a fire drill/alarm unless it's too far away to get to! (which it wasn't) I learned this lesson the hard way, and I am putting this out there for those of you who are like me and carry around a purse on a daily basis so you won't learn it the hard way like I did. :P

That's all for now, and have a terrific Tuesday! :D

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHOA!!! Hold up, slam on the brakes!!! In order to comment on my blog, you must follow some VERY important rules! Here they are.

1. No insulting me or anything on my blog in any way.
2. No racism, hatred, or bullying is allowed.
3. No swearing when commenting on my blog please.
4. Inappropriate comments of any type will NOT be tolerated!
5. Most important rule of all: NEVER I MEAN NEVER INSULT MY FRIENDS!!!!!!

Do ANY of the above and consequences WILL occur. Understood?

These rules are enforced so this blog will continue to be a fun site for everyone to explore. I hope you have fun cruising and commenting on this blog! :D

Yours truly,
Abigail (aka wolfstar62867)