Anyways, on Wednesday our school band went to a high school in our county for our LGPE (Large Group Performance Evaluation). LGPE is basically where bands go to a high school, perform 3 songs, sightread a piece NO ONE has seen before, and get judged by A TON of judges. Before we warmed up in a rather small room, we watched one of the other bands performed, and one of the conductors was one of the conductors we had 2 years ago! (before Dr. Strauss came along to conduct the band along with Mrs. Pezold) Everyone was like "Mrs. Holbrook!!! :O"
The morning announcements stated that we got all Superior ratings (the highest rating you can get at LGPE)!!! YAY!!! :D
Well guess what... they were wrong... again >:l
Despite this, we DID get a Superior rating overall!!! (we had only one Excellent, the second highest rating; WE WERE SO CLOSE!) YAY!!! :D
Yesterday I was EXTREMELY panicky and pressured at first because we had to complete BOTH a Benchmark Test (multiple choice, short response questions, and essay) AND a DBQ (Document Based Question- it's basically where we have to analyze a whole bunch of documents and write a 5 paragraph essay answering the Document Based Question and citing evidence from the documents) by the end of class on MONDAY! AND we kept having to wait until ALL our other work was done to work on our DBQ!!! What I think is REALLY ridiculous is that apparently ALL DBQ work must be completed "in class." We can't even write our text evidence on a separate piece of paper and do the essay at home!!! Even THAT is forbidden!!!
Sorry... this DBQ REALLY frustrates me... >:l
Despite this, I felt rather giddy towards the end of 6th period yesterday because of something REALLY exciting Mrs. Bonstein told me.
I'm not going to tell you what it was because she said it was a secret, and I'm NOT the type to spill the beans. :P
Today I felt, on average, rather relaxed. I was still a little on edge because of the DBQ, but thanks to Mrs. Bonstein playing peaceful music in the background, I relaxed a bit. :)
During 7th period, Mrs. Quenan announced that she was going to give us our courses for next year (high school oh my goodness) at the end of class.
Me: GASP- oh (thinks: No, I can't get my hopes up. I won't be certain what my courses will be until after my advisement at my high school on April 4th)
I did that AGAIN when Mrs. Quenan referred back to it at the end of the day LOL EPIC FAIL :P
The course list gave me a general idea of what I will be taking for my core classes and electives, which is good at least, even if it WILL be tweaked at my advisement. :)
YAY IT'S FRIDAY WOOT!!!!!
Here is the song that was played back when all of the people in my grade walked around our elementary school for the last time (if I cried a bit then, I KNOW I'm gonna cry on my last day of middle school in 2 months).
Ahh yes... elementary school...
Good times... good times... :)
O_O
AM I TRYING TO SING THE SONG OR SOMETHING?!?! :P
Anyways, here's the song. :P
I do not own the video or the song. All credit goes to Kool and the Gang and the creator of this video.
That's all for now, and TGIF! :D

No comments:
Post a Comment
WHOA!!! Hold up, slam on the brakes!!! In order to comment on my blog, you must follow some VERY important rules! Here they are.
1. No insulting me or anything on my blog in any way.
2. No racism, hatred, or bullying is allowed.
3. No swearing when commenting on my blog please.
4. Inappropriate comments of any type will NOT be tolerated!
5. Most important rule of all: NEVER I MEAN NEVER INSULT MY FRIENDS!!!!!!
Do ANY of the above and consequences WILL occur. Understood?
These rules are enforced so this blog will continue to be a fun site for everyone to explore. I hope you have fun cruising and commenting on this blog! :D
Yours truly,
Abigail (aka wolfstar62867)