Saturday, March 9, 2013

Advice :)

Hey everyone! Today I feel like giving some advice. :)

If you EVER get extremely anxious about something to the point where it feels like your whole world is going to completely crash to the ground, try asking yourself "What is making me feel so nervous anyway?" This can help you narrow down why you are so anxious, and it will help resist the feeling that every aspect of your life is making you anxious. Once you have narrowed down what is making you feel so upset, ask yourself "Is this really worth getting worked up over?" Trust me, 9 times out of 10 it isn't. In the rare occurrence that it IS something you need to get worked up over (for example, if your friend's life is in danger), talk to a trusted adult. They might be able to help solve what is making you feel so anxious.

Everyone is different, but this strategy has helped me get over my nervousness several times in a row, and I hope it helps you guys too. :)

The reason I posted this in the first place is because last night I was EXTREMELY nervous about the debate I'm going to participate in with my partner on March 14 (Pi Day). Our topic is Animal Testing, and during the coin toss yesterday, we got negative (thank goodness). The truth is, I felt my partner wasn't committing enough to the debate, and I was afraid we would either a. sound really stupid, b. completely fail the debate and/or the research paper I did before the debate, or c. both. I tried the strategy mentioned in the second paragraph, and it helped A TON. I'm still a little nervous, but I'm not feeling devastated like I did before I used that strategy.

Again, I hope this strategy helps, and have a spectacular Saturday!

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHOA!!! Hold up, slam on the brakes!!! In order to comment on my blog, you must follow some VERY important rules! Here they are.

1. No insulting me or anything on my blog in any way.
2. No racism, hatred, or bullying is allowed.
3. No swearing when commenting on my blog please.
4. Inappropriate comments of any type will NOT be tolerated!
5. Most important rule of all: NEVER I MEAN NEVER INSULT MY FRIENDS!!!!!!

Do ANY of the above and consequences WILL occur. Understood?

These rules are enforced so this blog will continue to be a fun site for everyone to explore. I hope you have fun cruising and commenting on this blog! :D

Yours truly,
Abigail (aka wolfstar62867)