Saturday, March 23, 2013

Last Night's Dream O.O

Hey everyone! Last night I dreamed I participated in a weird version of the Hunger Games. We were in a small, dark room during the duration of the Games, and there were a series of water slides that served as the entrance to the room. (WARNING: The following information is REALLY emotional. If you feel you are going to become extremely depressed while reading this, I recommend you stop reading now.)

While we were on the aggressive water slides, I looked behind me to see a woman and a man (my prep team?) who looked HIDEOUS (I didn't tell them this, but they looked like they were part GOBLINS who never showered in their lives)! Despite the fact that they appeared so grotesque, they rooted for me during the Games. :l At the entrance to the room in which the Hunger Games took place, this conversation occurred between my prep team and me.

Woman: Good luck.
Me: Thank you.
Man: And stay alive. (sounds like Haymitch from The Hunger Games, no? XD)
Me: Thanks. -.-
Man: The weapons in there may seem intriguing, but don't grab them right away; a lot of people are going to want those weapons, and bolting for them immediately may cost you your life. Instead, wait until the demand for weapons is not as high; I recommend the second day.
Woman: Be sure to look for food while you are in there; food and water will be your new best friends from now until the end of the Games. Use the food and water you find wisely.
Me: Thank you for your advice. I will do my best, I promise. -hugs both- (eww that felt gross...)

Right after I hugged my "prep team," one of the Gamemakers came on the intercom.

Announcer: Welcome to the Hunger Games! May the odds be ever in your favor! You may enter the room in 5... 4 (gulp)... 3... 2... 1!!! LET THE HUNGER GAMES BEGIN!!! -trumpet is played-

At that moment, everyone rushed into the pitch-black room. I somehow ended up with a bow and sheath of arrows in my hands just 2 minutes after I walked in the room. Immediately I heard the screams of dying tributes. 1... 2... 3 tributes were now dead out of the 20 that were in there...

I did not show my feelings, but the truth was, I was SCARED! What if I end up DEAD in half an hour? Oh well, I will just have to do my best and hope I make it to the end of this treachery.

As I dashed through the room with my adrenaline level at its peak, I decided to use one of my arrows on a nearby tribute. This was a very risky decision, for I knew I was not an ace with the bow and arrow, and missing my target would be a fatal mistake. I loaded my bow and aimed at my target. Then, I watched as my arrow pierced the air and perched itself on the tribute's heart. The tribute immediately collapsed to the ground, dead. I repeated this process with another tribute I discovered near a ring of torches. Despite the fact that I shot this tribute in the chin instead of in the heart or the brain, the poor boy fell to the ground in defeat as well.

I narrowly escaped a boy with a sharp dagger and I bolted along the side of the arena, terrified at this point and feeling a pang of guilt. This was NOT the person I was! Normally I'm a really sweet person who expresses empathy with others, not this killer!

I needed to find some water soon; I was already starting to feel really thirsty...

THE WATER SLIDES!!!

The Gamemakers never closed the door after we entered the arena; I'm sure I can get some water there!!!

Wait a minute... many others may have the same idea...

Well, do you want to face the slight chance you'll have a spear in your heart right now or do you want to suffer a painful death later on for certain as a result of dehydration?

I decided to approach the water slides for a drink of water.

Even though there were other tributes at the water slides, most of them were trying to find a way to get out of the arena, not trying to get a drink of water.

Dumb idea.

Immediately after they figured out a way to exit the arena, all 4 of the tributes were zapped and killed by the Gamemakers' laser beams set up for this purpose. I, on the other hand, felt refreshed and relieved. I had to remind myself that the Games were not over yet; I still had a bunch of tributes left to face in the arena.

At this point, more than half of the tributes were already dead in the first 16 hours of the game. 9 tributes were left including me...

I couldn't believe I had made it this far.

I thought too soon; right then, a short girl of 9 or 10 with long, blonde hair ran up and choked me. As her hands seized my neck, I knew that this was it for me. I looked around the room one last time as her hands continued to constrict my throat...

Me: (thinks) Goodbye world...

As I thought this, I heard a thump from behind me as another tribute kicked the girl in the leg. I took this opportunity to release myself from the girl's grip and give her a taste of her own medicine (in other words, I choked her in return).

Girl: Eep!

As the girl died a slow and painful death, I felt EXTREMELY guilty for all the people who have died because of me. All of a sudden, Katniss's voice entered my head.

Katniss: Nobody wants to kill anybody else; we only end up killing each other in self-defense.

This was so true right now, for I had not intended on ever killing the girl who was currently in my grip. I had planned on spreading eternal peace to the rest of the world, not killing all of the people I have killed in the Games. I only killed this girl because she attempted to kill me. :(

BOOM! (that was the sound of the cannon just outside the arena)

The girl was dead. I released the girl's neck, and the girl fell lifelessly to the ground. I couldn't believe what had just happened...

I was crying.

A few hours later, I approached a group of 4 tributes sleeping. I looked up to discover a large tracker jacker nest...

For those of you who don't know what tracker jackers are, they are genetically engineered wasps who follow their victims far away from their nests. A few stings bring about searing pain and powerful hallucinations, but more stings than that bring death to most people. These creatures only exist in The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins.

Right after I discovered this nest, I woke up. :l

Well, that's all for now, and have a spectacular Saturday!

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHOA!!! Hold up, slam on the brakes!!! In order to comment on my blog, you must follow some VERY important rules! Here they are.

1. No insulting me or anything on my blog in any way.
2. No racism, hatred, or bullying is allowed.
3. No swearing when commenting on my blog please.
4. Inappropriate comments of any type will NOT be tolerated!
5. Most important rule of all: NEVER I MEAN NEVER INSULT MY FRIENDS!!!!!!

Do ANY of the above and consequences WILL occur. Understood?

These rules are enforced so this blog will continue to be a fun site for everyone to explore. I hope you have fun cruising and commenting on this blog! :D

Yours truly,
Abigail (aka wolfstar62867)