Saturday, May 18, 2013

Last Friday of the School Year... Omg...

Yes, I know that today is Saturday and the title says "Friday," but I'm going to talk about what happened on my last Friday of the school year in this post.

Now that my virtual Math class has come to an end, I'm not exactly doing very much during 1st period. Usually I look through my yearbook and write in my agenda during this time. :l

A similar result occurred in my Spanish class, which comes right after my Math class. Considering we've covered all the required Spanish I concepts this year, we've been having "FT" ("Focus Time") quite a bit lately.

I usually feel kind of sluggish by the end of 2nd period because of this... :l

Ok... my Friday may seem like a boring experience to you, but the extreme excitement exploded into existence after 2nd period concluded.

I was just walking to my 3rd period, specifically Band, like I normally would, when I learned that Friday was the last day we would play our instruments during middle school ever. Because of this, we played quite a few pieces that we played during concerts when we were in 6th and 7th grade. Here is a list of all the pieces we played in order (sorry if I get any of the events I originally played these pieces at wrong, and I can't remember the authors of any of these pieces). <3

Samurai (Originally Played: 6th Grade Spring Concert- May 2011)

Liberty Eagle March (Originally Played: 7th Grade Large Group Performance Evaluation, or LGPE- February/March 2012)

Measure of Valor (Originally Played: 7th/8th Grade Spring Concert- May 2012)

Pirates of the Caribbean (Originally Played: 7th/8th Grade Spring Concert- May 2012)

Dark Fortress (Originally Played: 7th/8th Grade Spring Concert- May 2012 [we actually played this with the 8th grade band last year])

All 5 of these pieces slammed a collection of pleasant Band memories at my brain. Although all 5 pieces are awesome in my opinion, Dark Fortress was a unanimous favorite of the entire 8th grade Band this year. Because of this, my eyes welled up with tears when we played this triumphant piece. :(

When I walked in my 5th period after having a silent celebration about the fact that I did not have to go all the way down to my locker on a different hallway and turn around (I could just walk into my 5th period class), Mrs. Bonstein turned on a beautiful and emotional song that mentioned departure rather frequently and that came out in the 1960s...

Because I was the only one in the class who knew that Mrs. Bonstein was retiring after this year (my mom told me when I showed her my yearbook on Wednesday), I was the first one to give in to a waterfall of tears. :'(

Oh ya, speaking of the silent celebration I had, this diagram should explain why I felt so ecstatic about not having to walk ALLLL the way down to my locker before I could go to 5th period.

 (Click to Enlarge)
After the song ended, Mrs. Bonstein revealed the tragic news regarding her retirement to the rest of the class, and you can probably guess what their reaction was...

Class: NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! D: D: D:
Me: (mid-sob) Yeah... my mom told me on Wednesday... :'(

Just a few minutes before one of my classmates plugged in some music from the 1980s, Mrs. Bonstein announced that today was going to be a free day for the remainder of the class period. This announcement sounded rather odd coming out of Mrs. Bonstein's mouth, for Mrs. Bonstein was the teacher who would have probably been the MOST opposed to Mr. Rodriguez, my Spanish teacher, giving us free time earlier in the year.

During the free time we had in 5th period, one of my classmates constructed a green paper airplane and threw it around the room. It could actually fly really well, but it had just one flaw: it almost always flew back to my classmate every time he threw the plane (it acted more like a boomerang than a plane).

At one point, my classmate accidentally threw the plane at the teacher's back! LOL! :P

Me: (playfully) Hey!!! NO THROWING PAPER AIRPLANES AT THE TEACHER!!! :P

6th period, specifically Language Arts, for me was just as emotional as 5th period was. Mrs. Bonstein (yes, I have the same teacher for 6th period that I have for 5th period) created two poems: an ode in honor of the "Dream Teams" she inspired during her teaching career and an elegy in memory of her classroom. Both of these poems clawed at my already sensitive heart as she read them, but the elegy proved to be the most emotional of the two poems.

In the middle of Mrs. Bonstein's recitation of the elegy, I let loose a bucket of tears... again. :'(

During 7th period, specifically Science, we tested out the solar cars we created before we took them apart. :l

Last night, an AMAZING event occurred that I will never forget. At 6:30 pm, the first formal dance I had ever been to began, specifically our 8th Grade Dance! Everyone who went there had a blast! Here is a picture of me right before my mom and I climbed into the car to ride back to my middle school to attend this awesome dance. :D


The first thought that came to my mind when I walked in the spacious gym where the dance took place was "Wow... it looks really... nice in here! This is NOTHING like the non-formal dances each grade level had at the beginning of the school year!" My 2 and a half hour long experience at my first formal dance was a mixture of hanging out with friends, getting photos taken, dancing, occasionally grabbing some refreshments, and dancing with a boy towards the beginning (I felt a little awkward at first, but I didn't want to make him feel bad, so I danced with him. :P).

Here is my personal favorite of the photos taken of me during this dance. :D


Well, that's all for now, and have a spectacular Saturday everyone (yay I have no homework this weekend)! :D

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

3 comments:

  1. How do you personalize your commentary rules?
    Example:
    WHOA!!! Hold up, slam on the brakes!!! In order to comment on my blog, you must follow some VERY important rules! Here they are.

    1. No insulting me or anything on my blog in any way.
    2. No racism, hatred, or bullying is allowed.
    3. No swearing when commenting on my blog please.
    4. Inappropriate comments of any type will NOT be tolerated!
    5. Most important rule of all: NEVER I MEAN NEVER INSULT MY FRIENDS!!!!!!

    Do ANY of the above and consequences WILL occur. Understood?

    These rules are enforced so this blog will continue to be a fun site for everyone to explore. I hope you have fun cruising and commenting on this blog! :D

    Yours truly,
    Abigail (aka wolfstar62867

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, I'm guessing you rather not tell me..:I

      Delete
    2. Sorry about the wait. Here is how you add text near the comments.

      1. Click Design at the top of your blog.
      2. Click Settings on the left side of the page.
      3. Underneath Settings, click Posts and comments.
      4. Scroll down until you see a text box with Comment Form Message just to the left of it.
      5. Type whatever you want in the box.
      6. Click Save settings near the top of the page.
      7. Enjoy your new comment message! :D

      I hope this helps! :)

      Delete

WHOA!!! Hold up, slam on the brakes!!! In order to comment on my blog, you must follow some VERY important rules! Here they are.

1. No insulting me or anything on my blog in any way.
2. No racism, hatred, or bullying is allowed.
3. No swearing when commenting on my blog please.
4. Inappropriate comments of any type will NOT be tolerated!
5. Most important rule of all: NEVER I MEAN NEVER INSULT MY FRIENDS!!!!!!

Do ANY of the above and consequences WILL occur. Understood?

These rules are enforced so this blog will continue to be a fun site for everyone to explore. I hope you have fun cruising and commenting on this blog! :D

Yours truly,
Abigail (aka wolfstar62867)