Sunday, May 12, 2013

I Can't Believe This... :D

Hey everyone! Today I woke up extremely early for some strange reason... maybe the excitement from Friday and yesterday hasn't quite worn off yet... :P

On Friday, the entire 8th grade walked to our high school's football stadium (it's right across the street from our middle school lol) to start our annual Field Day! The first hour of Field Day for me was spent chilling out in the bleachers and watching the events that took place before my first event. My first event ended up taking place 20 minutes later than it was supposed to, and I was kind of suspicious during those 20 minutes...

At 11 am, the person on the loudspeaker called all of the people competing in the Frisbee Throw event to the football field. I ended up being the last one to throw the frisbee, but oh well. :P

5 hours later (after we ate lunch), I participated in my second event, specifically Basketball, while we were in our middle school's gym. Towards the beginning of the game, I managed to throw the ball in the net only to learn that that net was the other team's net...

Talk about embarrassing...

After hanging out with the rest of my team, specifically 8B, for an hour and a half, I ran from the bleachers down to the floor of the gym to compete in the Scooter Relay event. I was EXTREMELY excited at this point, for I had not competed in a scooter relay since elementary school, and my middle school finally brought this event to its annual Field Day.

Before I knew it, I was on one of the tiny blue scooters rolling towards the cones on the other side of the gym.

Accelerating towards the cones, I managed to stay on my scooter pretty well. The only exception was when I fell off the back of the scooter 3/4 of the way to the cones.

Coming back to my team from the cones was a different story...

After making a U-turn around the middle cone, I became ecstatic and carefree as I raced back to my team.

Sure enough, I ended up falling again...

(thinks: Ok, you fell again; you used to fall quite a bit in elementary school as well. Shake it off and get back to your team. :P)

I rolled for about 5 inches before I toppled backwards again. :l

(Ok, this is hilarious... It happens; don't stop now.)

Just a few seconds after I resumed my race back to my team again, I collided with the floor... AGAIN.

(Wow... you must have fallen in love with the ground considering how many times you crashed...)

You can guess what happened next...

(Man, this scooter is CURSED!)

At this point, I had fallen so much that our assistant principal walked over to push me back to my team.

(I can do this... I just had to recover some from that awkward turn...)

-scooter slides out from underneath me again-

(Errrg...) -lets the assistant principal push me back :P-

Assistant Principal: Kick your feet up!
Me: Ok! -kicks feet up only to fall off the front of the scooter- :l

I was laughing throughout the whole experience... IT WAS SO HILARIOUS!!! I was making a fool of myself in front of the entire 8th grade. :P

Oh my gosh, I completely forgot to mention the tug-of-war event that took place an hour before I played basketball! :O

My homeroom ended up competing against a class from 8C that was TWICE the size of our class. O_O

Once the referee made the signal to start pulling the rope, the other class easily pulled the rope to their side of the gym despite our effort to stop them from pulling the rope so easily. It took all of my strength just to remain STANDING!!!

Within just a few seconds, the referee sounded the whistle signaling that the other class had won, and I collapsed face-first to the ground in defeat.

I was so busy yesterday that Friday feels like 10 billion years ago. :P

In the morning, we went to breakfast at Waffle House and said good bye to my grandparents before they traveled back to their home state. We wished they could stay for the play the Drama Club performed that evening, but my grandfather has to work today. After that, we headed to Office Max to purchase a bigger poster board for my Decades project that is due tomorrow. Then, we headed to a fabric store to purchase the remaining materials needed for my project, and I spent the rest of the morning and the afternoon working on it.

I managed to finish gluing down all of the information I researched for my decade 10 minutes before I had to change into my costume for the Drama Club performance that evening. :)

I HAD SO MUCH FUN performing that play last night!!! I especially had fun towards the end of the play... >:D

After the play concluded, I received a ton of compliments from family members along with others who watched our performance. One of my teachers even came up and hugged me during this pleasant experience... :)

The parents of one of the cast members of the Drama Club arranged a cast party at their house after we performed our play, so we rode to their house after the cast shuffled out of our school's theater.

Oh my gosh... my cast mates are so crazy... :P

Wow... It feels like there's a hollow area inside my heart now that we won't have Drama Club again for the rest of my middle school experience.

It doesn't feel like it's been a full year since I stood predominantly off to the side of the stage as the girl in the brown toga...

It doesn't even feel like it's been more than two years since my mom became one of the directors unexpectedly of the recently formed Drama Club...

I've learned quite a few things during my experience in Drama Club. Not only have these things allowed me to excel in acting, but they also gradually transformed me into a stellar public speaker. I will never forget my amazing experiences with my middle school's Drama Club, and I plan on joining Drama Club as an extracurricular activity when I go to high school as well. :D

Speaking of which, while my mom and I were riding home after the cast party ended, a song came on the radio that I recognized from the CD one of the Drama Club members burned (electronically burned, not physically burned :P) to use for the Much Ado High School soundtrack (Much Ado High School by Lindsay Price was the play we performed this year). After we returned to our house, I listened to this song a number of times, and it reminds me so much of all the memories I made in Drama Club. Here is the song. :D

All credit goes to Justin Timberlake and the creator of this video. I do not own this song or the video. Enjoy! :D

That's all for now, and happy Mother's Day everyone! :D

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHOA!!! Hold up, slam on the brakes!!! In order to comment on my blog, you must follow some VERY important rules! Here they are.

1. No insulting me or anything on my blog in any way.
2. No racism, hatred, or bullying is allowed.
3. No swearing when commenting on my blog please.
4. Inappropriate comments of any type will NOT be tolerated!
5. Most important rule of all: NEVER I MEAN NEVER INSULT MY FRIENDS!!!!!!

Do ANY of the above and consequences WILL occur. Understood?

These rules are enforced so this blog will continue to be a fun site for everyone to explore. I hope you have fun cruising and commenting on this blog! :D

Yours truly,
Abigail (aka wolfstar62867)