Sunday, May 5, 2013

Wow...

Hey everyone! Yesterday I set a record for the longest day of my LIFE. :P

Anyways, yesterday my mom and I woke up at 4 am (yes, 4 am) to get ready to leave with my middle school band to Dollywood in Tennessee at 5. Once we arrived in Tennessee after a long drive, we performed at a high school near Dollywood before going to the actual amusement park. It rained quite a bit while we were there, but overall we had a blast! On the way to the high school where we performed, so many memories came back to me of when my family would travel up to Tennessee to visit my great-grandmother during Spring and Thanksgiving breaks before she died more than 3 years ago. She actually lived just down the street from Dollywood.

All those memories began to come back to me when I saw a hill covered with a forest that towered above the trees and a smoky mist spreading over the mountain: the Smoky Mountains.

At every street there was at least one childhood memory that would come back to me, and the scenery was pleasantly familiar... I simply smiled as Mrs. Pezold indicated the upside-down house that puzzled me as a child. :)

We even passed by the street that led to my great-grandmother's house. I was this close to crying. | | It must have been pretty emotional for my mom too (she served as a chaperone on the trip). :(

Driving through the streets in Tennessee was like taking a tour of my past...

Prem: Mrs. Bonstein is giving us a lot of homework this wee-
Me: HUSH!!! I don't want to think about homework right now; I will do it tomorrow!

Lol... :P I completed all my homework for the weekend not too long ago. :P

After we arrived at Dollywood, we separated into our groups and spent 6 hours free to enjoy ourselves. :D Of course, I chickened out of the four roller coasters that were there. :P At one point we went into a magic shop that was in the park, and I was fooled... :P

Matthew: Here, have this stapler. :)
Me: Oh, thanks! :D (of course I press the stapler down to make sure it works :P)
Stapler: ZAP!!!
Me: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -drops the stapler frantically- :O
Person Working at Magic Shop: Hahaha! >:D
Me: :l

On the way back I was EXHAUSTED. I slept on and off for a full 3 hours when we got back on the bus at about 8:30 pm. :P

Gary (as we pulled into my middle school's parking lot): Man, I need to complete a DBQ packet tomorrow...
Me: -half asleep- Arrrg hush! I will do it tomorrow!

That's all for now, and have a superb Sunday everyone! :D

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHOA!!! Hold up, slam on the brakes!!! In order to comment on my blog, you must follow some VERY important rules! Here they are.

1. No insulting me or anything on my blog in any way.
2. No racism, hatred, or bullying is allowed.
3. No swearing when commenting on my blog please.
4. Inappropriate comments of any type will NOT be tolerated!
5. Most important rule of all: NEVER I MEAN NEVER INSULT MY FRIENDS!!!!!!

Do ANY of the above and consequences WILL occur. Understood?

These rules are enforced so this blog will continue to be a fun site for everyone to explore. I hope you have fun cruising and commenting on this blog! :D

Yours truly,
Abigail (aka wolfstar62867)