Sunday, May 26, 2013

First Splash of the Season :P

Hey everyone! As you may be able to infer from the title, I got extremely wet today. :P

I didn't learn until last night that I had been invited to my next door neighbor's birthday party, and we would expect to get wet at this party. There was only one problem; I didn't buy my bathing suit yet, and all my bathing suits from last year were too small for me!

Before the party started at noon, I rode with my family to the square near our house, where we looked around at the different shops and ate an early lunch.

After we left the square, we SCRAMBLED over to a Walmart to look for a bathing suit for me along with a present for my next door neighbor.

This last minute shopping caused me to be late to my neighbor's party... :l

When I finally arrived at my neighbor's house, a pool that was not small enough to be a kiddy pool but not big enough to be a community pool was set up in the backyard for us to play in. All the other girls were a lot younger than I am (the oldest girl besides me looked like she just completed 3rd grade). Despite this, I had a blast playing in the water and watching the younger kids enjoy the beginning of summer vacation.

At one point, my neighbor's dad set up a slip-and-slide water set for us to slide through. To be honest, I hadn't slid through one of those sets since I was younger than most of the girls at the party.

Me: (hears a loud grinding sound from my house) That must be my dad mowing the grass.
Girl: Ohhh, so YOU'RE the girl who lives next door!!!
Me: Yep. :)
Girl: How old are you, 15?!
Me: 14. I start high school in August.
Girl: Wow...

After sliding through the slip-and-slide three times, my legs stung and water flooded my eyes, but the exhilarating experience was worth it. :)

Also, I created a new banner yesterday! I created this new banner because I created my old banner based off of a picture of me from July 3, 2012, and I decided it was time to update this picture. Here is the picture I used for my old banner in case anyone wondered what it was. :)


Here is the picture I used for my new banner. This picture was taken when I came home from the 8th Grade Awards Ceremony on May 22, 2013 (4 days ago). :D


Wow... my hair grew quite a bit in the course of a year... :P

That's all for now, and have a superb Sunday! (Is it really Sunday?! Man, someone has got to help me keep track of my days of the week this summer! :P)

1 comment:

WHOA!!! Hold up, slam on the brakes!!! In order to comment on my blog, you must follow some VERY important rules! Here they are.

1. No insulting me or anything on my blog in any way.
2. No racism, hatred, or bullying is allowed.
3. No swearing when commenting on my blog please.
4. Inappropriate comments of any type will NOT be tolerated!
5. Most important rule of all: NEVER I MEAN NEVER INSULT MY FRIENDS!!!!!!

Do ANY of the above and consequences WILL occur. Understood?

These rules are enforced so this blog will continue to be a fun site for everyone to explore. I hope you have fun cruising and commenting on this blog! :D

Yours truly,
Abigail (aka wolfstar62867)