I was just in my Language Arts class today, and we were going over comma usage and how they can completely change the meanings of sentences. Apparently I got COMPLETELY discombobulated when our teacher, Mrs. Bonstein, was reading out the Punctuation handouts before she gave them to us. When Mrs. Bonstein got towards the bottom of the paper, she read out "Which sentence do you prefer? 'A woman comma without her man comma is nothing,' or 'A woman colon without her comma man is nothing.'" The way she read out the punctuation symbols confused me TO DEATH. I guess the second sentence didn't quite register in my brain the way it was supposed to, because for the second sentence, I thought Mrs. Bonstein said "A woman: without her man, is nothing," which would have meant the same thing as the first sentence, "A woman, without her man, is nothing." Because of this, I just said that I was undecided when we voted on which sentence was better. Then she gave us the paper (she just happened to give us the paper AFTER we voted), and it turned out the second sentence was actually "A woman: without her, man is nothing," NOT "A woman: without her man, is nothing." OMG I FELT SO GUILTY! Me: -FACEPALM- OMG WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!?!?!?!?!?!?! :O :O :O
Well that was embarrassing (or at least to the girls that might be considered awkward); I attracted THE WHOLE CLASS'S attention pretty much too because Mrs. Bonstein stated that only the boys voted for the first sentence.
Boy: -sees me raising hand (I thought that the first one was CORRECT in terms of punctuation so I voted for it)- And Abigail!
Me: -is still confused- I'm undecided!!! (meeeep....)
So ya... guilty embarrassment right there, man. I COMPLETELY dissed myself, BIG TIME!
Hi.
I like cheese.
And chocolate for that matter.
But I especially like lasagna.
And sentence fragment...
After sentence fragment...
After sentence fragment...
Wow I really tossed MY grammar in the trash bin. O.O
YAY NO MORE SENTENCE FRAGMENTS! :D
..................
CURSES!!!! XDDDDDDDD
Well I used an interjection at least!!!
Oh yay two interjections!
Wow O.O
O___________O
AHHH INTERJECTION TRAP MEEP!!!
O_______________________________________________________________________O
I feel better now. (ROFL IN REAL!!!!!) :P :P :P
I'M CRYING IN REAL OMG!
Does OMG count as an interjection...?
O.O
Wow I AM weird. :P
This could go on all day... (more like all night)... LOL XD
OK I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING!!!! So long for now everyone, and TGIF!!!! LOL!!!!!! :P :P :P
"Laughter Is The Best Medicine." (uh idk who came up with that...) -Anonymous :P
OMG MY NOSE IS RUNNING SO MUCH SEE YA NEXT TIME PPL!!! :P

No comments:
Post a Comment
WHOA!!! Hold up, slam on the brakes!!! In order to comment on my blog, you must follow some VERY important rules! Here they are.
1. No insulting me or anything on my blog in any way.
2. No racism, hatred, or bullying is allowed.
3. No swearing when commenting on my blog please.
4. Inappropriate comments of any type will NOT be tolerated!
5. Most important rule of all: NEVER I MEAN NEVER INSULT MY FRIENDS!!!!!!
Do ANY of the above and consequences WILL occur. Understood?
These rules are enforced so this blog will continue to be a fun site for everyone to explore. I hope you have fun cruising and commenting on this blog! :D
Yours truly,
Abigail (aka wolfstar62867)