Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Concert + Debate + Memories :P

Hey everyone! Yesterday I played my alto saxophone at the practice LGPE (Large Group Performance Evaluation) concert at my school. We played the tunes New South Wales, ...and the Nations Rejoice, and Pinnacle. (no, we did not create any of those tunes) Today we listened to recordings of us playing these pieces, and although our performance was pretty good, we could definitely improve before the REAL LGPE comes in March.

We also went over some stuff for our upcoming debate over the topics we did our research papers on today (I'm kind of nervous... debate is definitely not the same thing as acting and I've never done a real debate before... -gulp-), and Mrs. Bonstein showed us a clip of an average debate that occurred 5 years ago (she's going to show us a clip of a really good debate tomorrow).

Anyways, I was thinking about this clip when we were dismissed this afternoon, and I realized that I was in 3rd grade when this debate occurred. O___O Then I remembered something hilarious that occurred towards the beginning of my 3rd grade year, specifically when we got our class pet. :P

Teacher: This is our new class pet. I will let you pick what the fish's name will be as a class. To suggest a name for the pet, please raise your hand. It is a male betta fish, so please be sure to suggest male names for it. (ok I failed at remembering that XDDD)

Student 1: -raises hand-

Teacher: Yes?

Student 1: I think its name should be Charlie.

Teacher: Ok -writes name suggestion on board-

Student 2: -raises hand-

Teacher: Yes?

Student 2: Oliver

Teacher: Ok -writes-

Me (in 3rd grade): -suddenly has a GREAT idea for the fish's name- :O -hand shoots up in the air- !!!!!

Teacher: Yes Abigail?

Me: We should name it Jaws!!! :D  (after the Rated R movie LOL XDDDD)

Teacher: Ok -writes-

(A few minutes later...)

Teacher: Ok, who believes we should name the fish Charlie?

(Only 1 or 2 students raise their hands)

Teacher: Who thinks we should name it Oliver?

(3 students raise their hands)

Teacher: Who thinks we should name it Jaws?

(Almost all the students raise their hands, including me)

Teacher: Ok, Jaws it is!

Me: -thinks- Yay! :D

To make things even funnier, I was only 8 when we named that fish. XDDDD

During my 3rd grade year we discovered that when Jaws opened his mouth, these frills (or whatever they were called) sprang out of the corners of his mouth, and I knew right then that Jaws was the right name for him. :)

2 and a half years later...

Conversations in School: "I think Jaws died..." "Ya Jaws died just recently." "I think it was a couple of weeks ago..."

Me (now I'm in 5th grade XD): Wha... huh..? What's all this going around about Jaws...?

Schoolmate: Oh, Jaws died not too long ago.

Me: Awww that's too bad... I guess fish don't live very long... D:

R.I.P. Jaws, I will never forget all of the memories I made of watching you swim around in your fish bowl and of me chuckling whenever you opened your mouth. <3

Well, that's all for now, and have an indescribably amazing day (I didn't have much homework tonight yay)!!! :D

Update: Omg I just realized I rhymed. LOL :P :P :P
 
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

2 comments:

  1. Nice story. XD My betta fish died about a month ago. :c They're amazing fishies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Betta fishes really are amazing creatures, you're right about that. It's the one type of fish that really reminds me of my childhood. <3 Sorry your fish died, may he/she rest in peace. D:

      Delete

WHOA!!! Hold up, slam on the brakes!!! In order to comment on my blog, you must follow some VERY important rules! Here they are.

1. No insulting me or anything on my blog in any way.
2. No racism, hatred, or bullying is allowed.
3. No swearing when commenting on my blog please.
4. Inappropriate comments of any type will NOT be tolerated!
5. Most important rule of all: NEVER I MEAN NEVER INSULT MY FRIENDS!!!!!!

Do ANY of the above and consequences WILL occur. Understood?

These rules are enforced so this blog will continue to be a fun site for everyone to explore. I hope you have fun cruising and commenting on this blog! :D

Yours truly,
Abigail (aka wolfstar62867)