Monday, December 23, 2013

Happy Holidays!

Hey everyone! Today is definitely a low-key day for me in terms of what we have planned; we actually planned on getting my drivers permit (it basically allows anyone age 15 or over to learn to drive and drive while accompanied by someone age 21 or over), but the Department of Driver Services is closed on Monday, so I have to wait until Thursday before I can get it. :l

To be honest, it doesn't even feel like I went to school this past Friday because the only thing scheduled for that day was final exams for 3rd and 4th periods, so school dismissed at 11:30 am. However, I used my exam exemption form in order to not have to take the 4th period final, so I ended up checking out of the school at 10:00 (I would have to sit in my 4th period class and do nothing for an hour and a half if I attended that class).

Lately, we've been receiving quite a few of what I call "Christmas Surprises." First, a ginormous chunk in one of the pipes in the dishwasher caused the dishwasher to not wash dishes properly and the water in the dishwasher to flood beneath the dishwasher (aka the basement). The excess water flooded the furnace in the basement in the process and caused it to no longer function. The cost to get it replaced is about $5000-$6000, and we won't be able to get this issue addressed until after Christmas.

In other words, we're going to have to bundle up with sweaters, blankets, each other, etc. and wash dishes by hand for the next few days...

I REALLY can't wait until Wednesday now...

That's all for now, and have a cheery, healthy, safe holiday season everyone!

Update: We actually got the dishwasher fixed yesterday, but I didn't realize it when I posted this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHOA!!! Hold up, slam on the brakes!!! In order to comment on my blog, you must follow some VERY important rules! Here they are.

1. No insulting me or anything on my blog in any way.
2. No racism, hatred, or bullying is allowed.
3. No swearing when commenting on my blog please.
4. Inappropriate comments of any type will NOT be tolerated!
5. Most important rule of all: NEVER I MEAN NEVER INSULT MY FRIENDS!!!!!!

Do ANY of the above and consequences WILL occur. Understood?

These rules are enforced so this blog will continue to be a fun site for everyone to explore. I hope you have fun cruising and commenting on this blog! :D

Yours truly,
Abigail (aka wolfstar62867)