Thursday, October 10, 2013

UNDESCRIBABLY HORRIFIC STENCH

Hey guys! Yes, I know it's been 10,000 years since I posted on here, and you're probably wanting an explanation for the title above, so here goes (oh, and if you're eating some kind of meal or snack right now, I would wait until after you have finished eating to read this). :P

Yesterday, I was just attending Robotics as I usually do on Wednesday afternoons when the leaders of the team had the programmers (those who program the robot the rest of the team builds to perform certain tasks) to help them clean out a particular room because we didn't have a robot to actually program yet.

So we headed down to this room with double-doors that faced the length of the hallway and that was located just to the left of my homeroom (which happens to be at the very left end of one of the longer walls of the hallway). Ever since I first visited that hallway back in August, I thought those double-doors were just another entrance into that particular building. I was WROOOOOONG!!!

It turns out, the room located behind the double-doors is the room that the students at my high school refer to as "The Dungeon" because that is the hidden room where tons of spare pieces and junk are stored when they are not being used.

Once we arrived there, one of the leaders of the Robotics team opened the doors to this "Dungeon," and I peered inside only to encounter the most horrifying stench I had ever BEARED! I turned away instantly and produced the same reaction that all of the other members of the team made. That smell was SO DISGUSTING!!!

A few minutes later, I learned what the source was of that odor: a tragic combination of moldy wood.... and rat urine. How gross. I'm just glad I didn't die that day as a result of the contamination of that hallway...

While we escorted huge planks of wood with white mold scattered all over the surface outside of the building (we had on face masks and translucent gloves, of course!), the teacher that I will have for Spanish III next semester took a single glance at the trash we carried in our hands and cringed instantaneously. Not only that, but my Chemistry teacher walked by the room and remarked "Ew..." in disgust.

When I could finally go back upstairs and rip off my mask and gloves (the mask got a bit tangled in my long hair in the process), I ran into another girl that is going to my high school, and she asked "Is it really that bad?" as she watched me pull my mask off. "Yes..." I replied before I walked back to the Robotics room, grabbed my backpack, jacket, and Literature book, and left.

Apparently that room hadn't been cleaned out in 5 years; it's no wonder it smelled so terrible... Now I wish that WAS an entrance to the building! Well, on the bright side, at least we discovered this ancient staircase that used to lead to the 3-story building at my school.

Mr. Kent (he's my homeroom teacher), I hope you're not afraid of cockroaches, because a cockroach crawled underneath your door while we cleaned up the mess that collected over 5 consecutive years...

That's all for now, and have a thrilling Thursday everyone! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHOA!!! Hold up, slam on the brakes!!! In order to comment on my blog, you must follow some VERY important rules! Here they are.

1. No insulting me or anything on my blog in any way.
2. No racism, hatred, or bullying is allowed.
3. No swearing when commenting on my blog please.
4. Inappropriate comments of any type will NOT be tolerated!
5. Most important rule of all: NEVER I MEAN NEVER INSULT MY FRIENDS!!!!!!

Do ANY of the above and consequences WILL occur. Understood?

These rules are enforced so this blog will continue to be a fun site for everyone to explore. I hope you have fun cruising and commenting on this blog! :D

Yours truly,
Abigail (aka wolfstar62867)