Back when I was in 3rd grade, I had to stay in the ASP (After School Program) of my school every day because my parents couldn't get off work at 2:15 PM to pick me up from school. One day, we were just sitting in the cafeteria of our school when students from 2nd and 3rd grades started coming up one at a time and singing songs of their choices for all of us to listen to. I was too shy to come up and sing at the time, for I had never taken the time to sit down and memorize all the lyrics to a song.
Me (as a 3rd grader): -listens to everyone else sing and claps for each person-
(A few minutes later...)
ASP Coach: Come on, Abigail! You can do it!
Me: ...
ASP Coach (the same one): Come on, give it a shot!
Me: Uhhh... okay? -walks up to the microphone nervously- (thinks: OMG What am I going to do I don't know what to sing what if I go blank?!?!)
Luckily, I did manage to remember some of the lyrics from my favorite song as a child, and I sung that part for my first solo performance ever. Even though I was nervous at first, I was SUPER EXCITED once I started singing. This may have been what jump-started my performing career towards the end of elementary school. :)
Over 5 years later, this particular song flashed back in my mind, and I decided to look it up on YouTube. Despite the fact that it has been so long since I last heard this song, I remember the song as clearly as a slim, fragile glass. Here is the song I performed in elementary school, Come to my Window by Melissa Etheridge (I sang from 2:53 to the end)!
I do not own the song or the video. Enjoy. :D
That's all for now, and have a spectacular Saturday everyone (I had to check to see what day it was lol)! :D

No comments:
Post a Comment
WHOA!!! Hold up, slam on the brakes!!! In order to comment on my blog, you must follow some VERY important rules! Here they are.
1. No insulting me or anything on my blog in any way.
2. No racism, hatred, or bullying is allowed.
3. No swearing when commenting on my blog please.
4. Inappropriate comments of any type will NOT be tolerated!
5. Most important rule of all: NEVER I MEAN NEVER INSULT MY FRIENDS!!!!!!
Do ANY of the above and consequences WILL occur. Understood?
These rules are enforced so this blog will continue to be a fun site for everyone to explore. I hope you have fun cruising and commenting on this blog! :D
Yours truly,
Abigail (aka wolfstar62867)