Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Poem I Wrote

Hey everyone! I was just looking at documents I created on Microsoft Word during the past 2 school years out of boredom when I stumbled upon the elegy (a poem created in honor of those who have passed away) I created back in May for my poetry booklet/project. As I read this poem, I realized that it describes almost perfectly how Stripe, one of my cats, left us more than 2 weeks ago.

Here is the poem.

"An Unfortunate Loss" By: Abigail

The woman was a ginormous jar of honey
Always looking out for those she loved
And brightening every tough situation
As if she was a brilliant flower in the midst of a nasty storm.

One tragic day,
A fatal sickness struck her down
Like a ginormous sledgehammer
Ready to pound anyone who approached,
And she gradually vanished into the mist.

Her disappearance shattered the hearts of many,
For she was a persistent cookie
In the midst of a terrible illness
Her cinnamon eyes sparkled
Before Mother Nature stole them forever.

I DO have some good news to lighten things up though. Today dadmumme is coming over to my house for the first time since October! I can't wait!!! :D

That's all for now, and have a terrific Tuesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHOA!!! Hold up, slam on the brakes!!! In order to comment on my blog, you must follow some VERY important rules! Here they are.

1. No insulting me or anything on my blog in any way.
2. No racism, hatred, or bullying is allowed.
3. No swearing when commenting on my blog please.
4. Inappropriate comments of any type will NOT be tolerated!
5. Most important rule of all: NEVER I MEAN NEVER INSULT MY FRIENDS!!!!!!

Do ANY of the above and consequences WILL occur. Understood?

These rules are enforced so this blog will continue to be a fun site for everyone to explore. I hope you have fun cruising and commenting on this blog! :D

Yours truly,
Abigail (aka wolfstar62867)